What beverages can increase iron absorption in the body?
The red blood cells are rich in iron-rich proteins called hemoglobin. It is responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body. Low Iron can lead to Anemia. This is when the body does not produce enough healthy red cells to transport oxygen to its tissues.
Anemia due to iron deficiency is a condition that develops over time. Doctors prescribe iron supplements to treat this condition. They also advise patients to consume more Iron.
To prevent dehydration, a person should drink lots of H2O.
This article explains how to increase iron intake by drinking more. The report also discusses how much daily iron one should consume.
ExpertsTrustedSource explains two dietary iron types: heme (methyl) and nonhemethyl Iron.
Iron-fortified food and plants are sources of nonheme Iron. Heme iron is found in animal foods. Nonheme ferrous Iron is not absorbed as readily by the body as heme.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Trusted source recommends that increasing your Vitamin C intake can help you absorb more Iron.
Include vitamin C-rich foods in your smoothies. The following ingredients are high in and Trusted Sources of vitamin C.
The vitamin C content of this group of fruits is high and includes grapefruit, oranges, and oranges.
About 180 grams (g), or 95.8 milligrams(mg) (Trusted Source, of orange segments contains vitamin C.
The exact amount contains 55,2 mg (Trusted Source) of this vitamin.
The following recipes all use citrus fruits:
- Orange smoothie Immune boosting
- grapefruit smoothie
- grapefruit green smoothie
- Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie
The Kiwi is a fruit with a high nutritional value.
About 180 g of Kiwi contains 134 mgTrustedSource vitamin C.
Kiwi smoothies include the following:
- apple kiwi green smoothie
- kiwi fruit smoothie
- Easy banana kiwi Smoothie
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, calcium, and folate.
About 150 g raw strawberries contain 88.2mgTrusted Source vitamin C.
Some smoothie recipes that a person might want to try are:
- Strawberry smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie
- simple strawberry smoothie
Guava is rich in fiber, potassium, and Vitamin A.
In 165 grams of raw guava, there are 376mgTrusted Source vitamin C.
Guava is used in many smoothie recipes.
- Tropical guava Smoothie
- Guava Pineapple Smoothie
- Paleo Strawberry Guava Smoothie
- Increase the intake of iron-rich foods for people with Anemia.
- You can use the following iron-rich ingredients to make smoothies:
- Spinach contains nonheme Iron. Nonheme Iron is also found in dark-green vegetables such as broccoli and cabbage.
- About 85 g or 3 cups of spinach contain 2mg of Iron.
- You can make smoothies with spinach by using the following recipes:
- detox spinach green smoothie
- spinach smoothie
- strawberry spinach smoothie
- Kale contains about 1,59 mgTrusted source iron per 100 grams.
- Kale can be added to smoothies to boost iron intake. Green vegetables and fruits combined can sweeten the smoothie.